Monday, August 29, 2011

Bienvenido a Miami*

*I was this close to naming this post after a certain LMFAO HIT but alas, I restrained myself. 




Sort Of.


ANYways, O and I got back from a quick weekend trip to South Beach last night. It. Was. A. Blast. My wonderful, hardworking husband won this all expenses paid trip from his company for being such a rockin' employee, and I, being the ever supportive wifey, got to accompany him. What perks! One of our fav couples won this trip also so *BONUS* we got to travel with them too!! 


We arrived, and after spending a few hours in the airport (note to travelers: American is not very flexible with their "check you luggage at least 40 minutes before the flight or else we won't send your bag and we will try to book you as a standby passenger on the latest flight imaginable unless you pay us $50 and then you are guaranteed to get on the latest flight imaginable" rule). It must have been our good looks and undeniable charm that actually got us on our original 8:25 am flight with our bags to follow on the 10:45 am flight. So we hung out in Miami international, ate some lunch, and waited on our bag. No biggie.


We got to our hotel Friday afternoon and hit the beach. I don't have any pictures because unfortunately I'm not real keen on pictures of moi in a bikini right now ya know? But, the beach was beautiful white sand, the water warm and crystal blue, and I wore an amethyst purple bikini with ruffles so use your imagination folks. 


After the beach, we headed to Lario's on the Beach for some authentic cuban food and one of their famous mojitos. I had the cuban roast pork with plantains, black beans, and rice. It was delish. The mojito was quite strong and lovely. I may have had two...






Then we headed to The Shore Club hotel to hang out in the Redroom Garden, an outdoor lounge area with comfy couches and modern deco chairs. Very chic. 


We hung out in the garden for a while, explored the hotel then ended the night here:



Ahh yes, pizza. 

Saturday we laid by the beach again. Entertained the idea of renting jet skis but decided to lay on our beach chairs and drink instead. When a tropical thunderstorm threw us off the beach, we decided to go shopping. We walked up and down Lincoln Road, ate sandwiches, and then found me a very "miami beach appropriate" number from Bebe.

For dinner Saturday night we went to the Delano hotel and ate at The Blue Door Fish restaurant. Admitting that I am obsessed with this restaurant's decor is probably the biggest understatement of my life. IT WAS GORGEOUS!  My favorites were the mercury glass candelabra centerpiece and the etched mirror center table. Is that not amazing?! 


We were sitting directly next to it so when I wasn't having stimulating conversation with O, I was staring at the candelabra. 


The food was some of the best seafood I've ever had. We started the meal with Le Petit Plateau. Lobster, clams, oysters, mussels, shrimp, delish!


For the main course I had the halibut that was cooked to perfection and covered in a buerre blanc sauce. I was one happy woman. 

The Delano is an amazing hotel. Period. You enter the hotel through a small wooden door in the hedges. Consistent with the Alice and Wonderland theme, There is a giant "mad hatter's" chair when you enter the lobby.



I channeled my inner Mad Hatter



There's a bistro set in the beautiful infinity edge pool (apologies for my poor photography, head to the Delano hotel website to see better photos).


And a life size chess set on the lawn!


After dinner we met up with our friends and headed to LIV in the Fountainbleu hotel. This was the club the where Mavs celebrated after winning the NBA title so the boys spent a few minutes contemplating just exactly where Dirk Nowitzki might have sat that night. 


Fountainbleu lobby bar. 







We got a drink at the lobby bar. Got into the club, thanks to a little help from a friend. Then, we danced!






The theme at LIV that night was titled "Shit Show." I think they knew we were coming. 






 And keeping with tradition, we each ended the night with a bigasyourface slice of pizza.

Adios Miami.

-Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment