Sunday, February 27, 2011

Painting With a Twist!

UGHHHHHHHH is all I can muster about the wedding planning process right now. Don't get me wrong, everything is going swimmingly in regards to timelines, tasks, and to-dos, it's the never-ending list of to-dos that's dragging me down! But there is an end in sight, and (WARNING: Sap alert!!) a wonderful new beginning at the end of this whole process. Faithful reading of A Practical Wedding has been keeping me from curling up in the fetal position rocking back and forth and shouting "WHY?! WHY?! WHY?!" So in the interest of something fun, new, exciting, and possibly stress reducing I decided to check out this new place called Painting With A Twist with a couple girlfriends. 

It was everything I hoped it to be and MORE!! Here is the run down of what this shin-dig is all about:

The Set Up


PWAT provides you everything you need, canvas, brushes, paint etc and you bring a beverage of choice. K-dawg brought her aerator because that's just how we roll. 







The ladies and gents at PWAT walk you through the entire process from start to finish of painting your masterpiece, and at the end you get to take your painting home!





My inspiration for this piece: the Dirty Martini Fridays that occur weekly at mi casa.

Now I am seriously no artist but I thought this turned out almost wall-worthy! With a little more practice I could be decorating our house in no time! 

Happy Painting! 

-Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment