It's time that this blog help motivate me and maybe it will provide the tiniest bit of motivation for you as well. Goals, goals, goals people. That is the key for me! So here they are:
1) Keep training for Turkey Trot- five miles through Austin on Thanksgiving morning. If that doesn't earn some corn bread stuffing and sweet potato pie, I don't know what does.
2) Try out these healthy recipes in the next two weeks:
|Peanut Butter Protein Energy Balls|
|Everything Green Smoothie |
|Sweet Potato Souffle|
From: With Style and Grace
3) I will have one, count it, ONE thanksgiving meal this year. No three or four rounds of left overs for me! If I have left overs post thanksgiving day it will consist of one leftover item plus some sort of veggie.
4) Whooooaaa portion control (cue Prinz music). Eat, but for goodness sake stop cleaning your plate woman! Unless, it's saucer sized and contains celery and carrots.
5) Do at least four weight training workouts over the next two weeks. This app from skimble is so awesome. If you're like me, you go to the gym, have no plan what-so-ever of what you want to do/accomplish in said gym session and end up spending 20 min on the elliptical then staring at the weight machines for 10 min trying to decide which one to pick. What if I do triceps machine and biceps gets his feelings hurt? If you can get past the animatronic trainer voice, the workouts are great and the only thinking required is which one to pick!
Well there ya have it. Five goals seems sufficient to begin my journey through fitness (corny). I'll keep you updated on my progress and pitfalls!