Tuesday, November 23, 2010

OOOOOOKLAHOMA where the wind comes sweepin' down the plains!

Apologies for the lack of posts lately but a weekend wedding planning extravaganza and a little jaunt to "the Green Country" i.e. Tulsa, OK has kept me quite busy the last few weeks! The trip to Tulsa was short, spontaneous, and sweet, but the purpose was "could Claire conceive of living here without wanting to blow her brains out daily?" That's right, it's a possibility that we could move to Tulsa. I have to be honest and admit that I'm not 100% sold on the idea, but I need to appropriately weigh the pros and cons. So, here we go.

Pros:
-I could say I've lived in another state besides Texas (now don't get me wrong, I like Texas, but a girl needs to spread her wings, even if it's only 250 miles north!)
-Advancement of certain careers might be at stake
-They just opened an Anthropologie (double bonus points on this one!)
-They have a really cute little drag in the middle of town that reminds me slightly of South Congress in Austin
-It would be an adventure!

Cons:
-There is not a single Nordstrom in the state of Oklahoma...Thank God for online shopping
-I saw more Hillbillies in one weekend there than I think I've ever witnessed in my entire life (I'm talking full on overalls, a bucket fishing hat, with missing front teeth chompin' on some chicken wings... and this was in the middle of town, and it was a woman!)
-There are OU flags everywhere- Go Horns!
-I would be leaving a job I like, friends I love, and moving farther away from my family

We'll see how it pans out in the future. For now, I'm going to enjoy the holidays with my family (I'm so excited about my first annual Turkey Trot and Thanksgiving at O's parent's house!!) and attempt to not think about how my entire life could be uprooted in less than 3 months. 

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!! (and if you so desire, score some loot on black Friday!)


Ciao!
Claire 

No comments:

Post a Comment