Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Thanksgiving Feast for the Food Beast

There's a little issue in my life that O has dubbed the "food beast." Unfortunately, if I'm not fed at regular intervals my blood sugar drops and I become a tiddly bit cranky. But never fear, the Bergmann Thanksgiving feast was here. And a feast it was. 

The Bergmann's hosted 15 people for Thanksgiving this year including my parents. It was great to have everybody together! The night before we moved all the furniture out of their living room so we could all sit at one table. Trust me, it was quite the production, but the end result was fabulous!
The Thanksgiving table


Everyone sitting together, with the Cowboys game on in the background OF COURSE. 


But enough about the decorations, lets talk about the FOOD! First of all, I am the lucky girl marrying the lucky guy who's Dad is an amazing chef. O's dad is the owner and chef of Cacharel Restaurant (which is absolutely delightful if you're looking for a good French meal) and he never does anything simple or small, let alone Thanksgiving. For example, Mr. Bergmann baked a turkey, smoked a turkey, and then deep fried a turkey. Yep, that's right, three types of turkey!
The men, frying the turkey.
Unfortunately I gobbled up my first course with out taking a picture but I did get a picture of what in my opinion was the star of the meal: The Pumpkin Soup! That's pumpkin soup with coconut cream and cinnamon croutons, delish!! 


Then on to the main meal. I won't bore you with a description of every dish on the plate but lets just say I would have picked the plate up and licked it clean if it were socially acceptable to do such things.


Not only did we stuff our faces with delicious food, we also enjoyed a wonderful leisurely afternoon with family and friends!



My parents and I

Duke's Thanksgiving Bow

Isla and Lea (my future flower girls) made quick friend's with Duke!

 All in all, it was a great Thanksgiving and we had a blast! Even Duke got a little feast of his own.


 Hope you all had a wonderful, food and family-filled holiday!

Ciao!
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment