Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Tea Time!

Last fall, while perusing the Dallas Arboretum website and their selection of wedding venues (Was I engaged and this point? No, but we won't talk about that.) I discovered that they have a Harvest Tea every year October through November. I've never been to a seated tea and thought to myself "what better way to be a true Dallasite (besides valeting my car and shopping at Northpark) than to have tea and crumpets in the afternoon?" I never made it last year but this year, my favorite newly returned Dallas resident and I decided to check it out.


Our adorable tea set with violets on the cups!

My lovely afternoon tea company.


Our tea sandwiches were served with peach cinnamon spice tea. The clear front runner (as far as tea goes) in my humble opinion.

Our desert plate with pumpkin tarts, amaretto brownies, pecan bars and the delicious orange currant scones with strawberry jam and clotted cream! SO buttery, light, and flaky. All I can say is YUM.

We then ventured out onto the Arboretum grounds to visit the fall festivities.


If one of these darlings had fit in my purse I would have for sure snatched it up for my fall table-scape.

There were fall-tastic pumpkin patches like this all over. I could make a crude joke about the gourd resting between the two large pumpkins on the right-BUT I won't, because I'm a lady... I drink tea.

To the pumpkin house we go!

Not all is classy at the Dallas Arboretum. There are still signs that say no swimming if you got the runs folks!




 Overall, I highly recommend the Arboretum during the fall. We thoroughly enjoyed our tea and wandering around the grounds. If you don't want to shell out for the tea, consider visiting on a beautiful fall day! It's the perfect opportunity to get into the Autumn spirit and enjoy nature while you're at it. I intend to return very soon, or at least before the weather turns frigid.  I hope you find yourself there soon!

Ciao!
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment